Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Effectiveness

Posted by Kian, Ting

It is not about how hard working you are, it dosent matter the hours you put in, the effort you put in, it dosent matter is the work is draining you out, or the work is wearing you down. Because it is the Result that matters the most. The result is that you get the work done.

If you have some thing to be done and doing that something is wearing you out or taking too much of your time then you simply are not effective at doing it, if that is the case then must break it down and look into it.

Use me as a case study, I am not effective at gettings things done, lets say creating and managing a software project. Now I drill down why am I taking so much time ?

Then I look, My reading speed in the R&D for the software is slow, so here is some thing I can improve on.

My technical knowledge of programming is not mature enough yet, this is somehting I can read more software developement books.

Now next is I jump from task to task, without completing the first task I jump to task two, I am bad at closing a task, why is that so ? I lack of focus. Lack of speed and urgency to complete a task. I am focus, and very urgent, I can complete a task quickly and move to the next. Completing my task earlier, would mean that I would have more time to do other stuff, other personal stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment