Monday, April 23, 2007

The World As I See It !!!

Posted by Kian, Ting


I am reading a book "Written by Einstine"

http://www.amazon.com/World-As-I-See/dp/080650711X/ref=si3_rdr_bb_product/102-2016436-6036100

There is a very meaningful quote :

"What is the meaning of human life, or of organic life altogether? To answer
this question at all implies a religion. Is there any sense then, you ask, in
putting it? I answer, the man who regards his own life and that of his
fellow-creatures as meaningless is not merely unfortunate but almost
disqualified for life."

A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labors
of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in
the same measure as I have received and am still receiving.

These above two quotes are from Einstein, these two quotes I understand, but what do with Schopenhauer when he say "A man can do as he will but not will as he will !" There is absolutely no tough English vocabulary in this quote but what does this simple sentence mean ?

Reading this book make me ashame of my self of the violent behavior that I may sometimes adhere to when I am angered. Martial Arts learned is not merely to fight, but to cultivate the body and in that effort to cultivate the body so should the mind be cultivated as such.

The book is all about anti-violence about anti-war. Autocratic governmental systems wont last for long because it attracts people with low morale, It is true and it is proven in history. Why do you want power, when it is not to serve people ? What is it for ? If it is for respect, then what do you mean by respect ? Respect because of your merit and your being or because of the fake mask you are wearing ?

Who is Herr Gumbel? Einstein mentioned that every one should read his book.

Upon Reading I found another very meaningfull phrase :-

"It is not the fruits of scientific research that elevate a man and enrich his nature, but the urge to understand, the intellectual work, creative or receptive."

It is the urge to understand, not the fruits of science, the fruits of science are as a result of the understanding the intellectual work of creative and receptive people.

The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure
and the sense in which he has attained to liberation from the self.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The search for himself is the search for destiny
Dear Kian as far as i understand human dignity, its always about to play justice with humans. Its easy to say but hard to do b/c sometimes it test us alot, but at the end it makes life so full of happiness that others see you like an example of life.
The world as i see, is not a place to live life but a place to make it and make it good, its out test ' its our destiny.

HashKhan

Post a Comment