Thursday, January 10, 2008

A significant dream

Posted by Kian, Ting

I have had a dream, and in that dream I was on a plan that is going to crash, and in that plane there are 30 passengers, and there is only 5 parachute, getting your hands on a parachute would mean that you don't have to die, in that plane there is only five parachutes, and I have got the keys to the room that stores these parachutes.

I quickly look around and see if I could find any of my family members, it seems that I am the only one on board of the plane, with the rest of the other 29 strangers.

Most of them were crying, and some were trying to make calls back home to their families to tell them that they love them very much. All the passengers came to me, knowing that I have the key to the parachute store room.

They wanted me to choose quickly who could have a parachute, one among the passengers is a book writer. I quickly give a parachute to her, as I believe that book can save millions of life, because books can liberate us and make us learned and enlightened us. The second one that I gave my parachute to is a woman who had just learned to love her own children, she loves them and she said that she know now what to do and she really want to go back to them and watch them grow up and get married, so without hesitating I gave her the second parachute. Now only left with 3 parachute in the store.

The third woman came to me and said that she have married for a few years, now just as she is planning to have kids, she wants to be given a chance to live, she have always wanted kids, she want to have kids with her husband , she want to be a grand mother one day, this woman also works for a big coporation and she is someone who is very important in that coporation, I figured that she is a significant and powerful person, and she should live as she have the ability to groom her children to be powerful people in the future. People who could influence and make a difference to the society.

Then there was this business man, he speaks with authority, and is wise and knows alot of stuffs, he has great experiences, he promise me that he would do good in the society, he promise me that he would make a difference in the society, he want to live he has five children at home. He is half way grooming them to be powerful people, he want to be given a chance. And so I give him the fourth one.

The suddenly popping out from the crowd of pessengers I saw one of my buddy, she is one of my long long friends. She stood in front of me, she is my good friend, there were tears in her eyes, she said no, please kian No, She has a very kind heart, I can feel the fear of death in her, she is the eldest in her family and she has her father and mother to support, despite of her fear of death she said no to me, she dont want me to give her the last parachute.

I took the last parachute and forcefully mount it on her back and push her off the plane, there are no parachutes left I am left in the plane to die with the other 24 passengers. One of the pessengers who was a high and wise priest he walk towards me, I thought that she was here to pray and give me her blessings, but instead, she came to me and ask me what did I give the last parachute away, I didnt I keep it for my self so that I could live. Tears came falling down from my cheek, as I told her that I love my friend, and I want her to live. The priest ask me, then why give my parachute to ther other 4 people, I could always save one for myself. Whay give them away?

I gave them away because they are capable and powerful people who could make a difference in their life and also to the world. And I have made a difference by having them live. The priest then replied, to love other people first you must love your self, what about your parents, they have high hopes on you and they think your a capable, they love you and know you can make a difference in the family's life , what about them, how would they feel if they know that their son choose to give his life away because he dont think he is capable. I cried and the priest held me in her arms, she said you stupid boy, with tears in her eyes, she said you must love your self before you can love others.

The alarm clock rings and I woke up with still tears in my eyes...

0 comments:

Post a Comment